+65-6344 8807 unitedes@singnet.com
2022 AUG
01:12:40 Thu
Home About Us Achievements Services Bio-data Contact Us
FAQ Training Center Useful Links Partners Testimonial Gallery


1) How much is the maid levy?

The monthly levy for a Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) is $265. For employers who meet the following criteria, they will be paying the concession levy of $120 per month:

- Employers with young children below the age of 12; or
- Employers with elderly person (above the age of 65) having the same residential address

Levy charges begin one day after she arrives in Singapore. For first-time FDW, the levy will begin on the fourth day of her arrival (excluding the day of arrival). Payment should be made via GIRO. All GIRO deduction will be made on the 17th of the following month. The FDW's Work Permit (WP) will be cancelled if the employer fails to maintain a valid GIRO account. Employers can view their levy bills online by registering for the Internet Foreign Worker Levy Billing (iFWLB) System.


2) Why should I approach a maid agency?

When you wish to hire a maid, there are several procedures to follow. From picking the girls upon arrival till the work permit is issued, all these chores are time-consuming. By engaging an agency, it will help to save so much of your time. We will act on your behalf to save you all the hassle.


3) What are transfer maids?

Transfer maids are FDW who are working in Singapore and due to various reason, they are back to the agency to seek new employment. Employers will get to interview them in person.


4) What are new maids?

New maids are potential FDW waiting for employment in their home country. Employers will select them based on biodatas proposed by the agency. For some nationalities, employers will be able to conduct a phone/video interview


5) I wish to transfer my maid, what are my responsibilities?

Under the Work Permit Conditions, so long as the work permit is under the employer, he/she is legally responsible for the FDW even though consent were given to the FDW. All responsibilities will cease only when the work permit has been cancelled of FDW has been transferred to the new employer. As such, you are still liable for the food & lodging including medical expenses for the FDW.


6) Am I responsible to buy an air ticket and repatriate my maid when she is the one whom initiated to break the contract prematurely?

Yes, under Work Permit Conditions, the employer shall bear the full cost of repatriation at all times.


7) Can I employ 2 maids?

Employers must fulfil the following criteria before they can proceed to apply for additional maid :

  • Residing in a 4 room flat or above; and
  • Employer with at least 2 children under the age of 18; or
  • Employers with 2 elderly above the age of 60; or
  • Employer with 1 child under the age of 12 and 1 elderly above the age of 60 having the same residential address

However, please note that the application is still subject to MOM approval.